Appleton, which is in the east-central region of the state, is well-known for both being the home of Harry Houdini and for having a bustling, walkable downtown. It also hosts the annual Mile of Music event. Visit one of the many museums, galleries, or performing arts facilities to take in the year-round vibrancy of the city’s cultural culture.
In winter, however, Appleton simply has a northern Midwest winter condition typified by low temperatures and huge snow. Here’s a glimpse into what you can expect in Appleton during the upcoming wintry season, as well as snow predictions Wisconsin:
- Cold Temperatures: Winters in Appleton are cold. Average daytime temperature in December, January, and February are from 15°F to 30°F. Temperatures can easily fall below the freezing point during the night.
- Snowfall: In the winter, Appleton usually gets a lot of snowfall. Normally, the city receives approximately fifty inches (127cm) of snow on average for the entire season. Some years, snowfall is heavy for many months but, in any case, residents have to get used to snowy streets and constant struggle with the snow.
- Lake Effect Snow: Appleton is located close to the Lake Michigan region that experiences lake-effect snow. The effect of the passage of cold air over the relatively warm waters of Lake Michigan can cause extra precipitation in this area bringing with it occasional severe snow.
- Icy Conditions: Appleton also experiences weeks of icy conditions when it snows and more so when the temperature is kith and ken to freezing. This can result in the roads and sidewalks becoming slippery, hence requiring one to exercise caution while driving and walking respectively.
- Shorter Daylight Hours: In winter, Appleton has shorter daylight hours as opposed to other northern points, where the sun sets in most of the evenings.
- Wind Chill: The wind chill factors make the winter weather colder. Adopting warm dressing and measures to prevent cases of frostbite and hypothermia are by all means mandatory.
- Winter Activities: In Appleton, the climate of winter gives way to various winter sports and exercises. The regional residents widely practice skiing, snowboarding, ice skating as well as snowmobiling. Local parks and trails for winter outdoor recreation are also available.
- Variable Weather: Winter weather can be less predictable and sometimes accompanied by biting cold, snow storms, or mild breaks. One should be staying on current weather conditions and advisories.
To this end, Appleton residents and visitors should dress in warm clothes, and drive carefully in case of snow or ice on the road among other safety measures so as to protect themselves from winter weather. During the winter season, it is advised to maintain an emergency kit in your vehicle and be aware of weather predictions and road status.
To fix a consultation with a reputed snow removal company in Appleton, please click on Earth Development Appleton WI.